Alright, I am in OHare, Harp has been loaded into his kennel and i had to leave him with the cargo loading people, Sandy and i dropped off the rental car and made it to our terminals, i talked the people at the check in counter into allowing the shock collar and receiver to travel in my checked bags by demonstrating how it worked, and i am finally in the gate waiting for the flight in about 3 hours. Harp is officially out of my hands til we can pick him up tomorrow morning at Lissenhal...
Had great visits with Kelley and the kids--D loved Mary Poppins on Broadway and it was just so good to have a chance to hang out and re-acquaint myself with those kids. I really miss them, and simply don't get to see them enough. Also a really good time to be home with mom and dad--they took amazing care of Harp for 5 months for us, and he's definitely going to miss them. I bet he is missing them right now while he's stowed in his kennel, waiting for them to load him up. I got to see Sam and Brian's new house, which looks incredible, and they get to move in soon. And then Sandy and i got to drive cross country, all with a nasty head cold. We actually had a good time, it was a pleasure to spend the time with her, we stayed with the Macek's in Davenport for a few nights, and i enjoyed myself. They all graciously made the trip very easy on Harp and on me, and i appreciate that immensely. Mick and Josh will pick me up at the airport in the morning, then we'll all head over to Lissenhall to wait on the process of release for the baby...
Ok, so I am watching them load the plane with food and everything else, but haven't seen Harp's kennel yet...I am going to check in with my husband, call my momma to update her and my dad, decompress with some trashy mags and junk food at the airport, then get on the plane and hopefully sleep the majority of the flight. I'll update on how it all went from Ireland!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment